Privacy Notice – Tenants
The following information is provided to comply with General Data Protection Regulations.
What Data Is Collected:
Names, addresses, telephone numbers, email addresses, bank details, next of kin/emergency contact details, identification documents.
Why Is It Collected & By Whom:
- It is collected by AMS Marlow Limited to comply with the Immigration Act 2014, Right To Rent legislation and The Housing (Tenancy Deposits)(Prescribed Information) Order 2007.
- It is collected by AMS Marlow Limited to enable the Landlord’s obligations under Section 11 of The Landlord and Tenant Act 1985 to be fulfilled, and to enable the effective management of a tenancy.
- It is also collected to enable tenancy references to be carried out.
What is the Lawful Basis for the Data Being Held:
The lawful basis for the data being held is:
- Legal Obligation; the data is required under Immigration Act 2014, Right To Rent legislation, Housing Act 2004 legislation, Section 212, 213, 214, 215A, 215B, 215C and Housing (Tenancy Deposits)(Prescribed Information) Order 2007.
- Contract; to fulfil our contractual obligations with another party.
- Legitimate Interest; (i) to ensure the Health & Safety of staff conducting lettings viewings, (ii) to enable AMS Marlow Ltd to defend any legal, Ombudsman or insurance claims made in connection with a tenancy.
The data will be held for seven years following the end of a tenancy. This is necessary to comply with the legal obligations AMS Marlow Limited has under Housing Act 2004 legislation, Section 212, 213, 214, 215A, 215B, 215C and Housing (Tenancy Deposits)(Prescribed Information) Order 2007, Contractual Obligations to another party and the Legitimate Interests detailed above. Following the end of this seven year period, all data will be securely destroyed.
The data may be shared with; your landlord and other agents or advisors appointed by them, utility companies and local authorities, the Tenancy Deposit Scheme, contractors and letting agents from our approved list (available on request), professional advisors, insurance companies and referencing agencies from our approved list (available on request).
Data Subject’s Rights:
The Data Subject has the following rights under GDPR Legislation:
In the event that a copy of this information is required, please notify the office.
Data is stored in both hard copy and electronic formats, and measures are taken to actively manage and ensure the security of the data.